PE and Sports Premium
The PE and Sports Premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality and breadth of the PE and sport activities they offer their children. It is funding allocated from the Government in addition to the school budget to help children develop healthy lifestyles.
The Government guidance suggests that the PE and Sports Premium funding could be used to:
- Hire sports teachers
- Hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- Provide existing staff with teaching resources to help them teach PE and Sport
- Support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs
- Run sport competitions or increase pupil’s participation in the School Games
- Run sports activities with other schools.
Our annual PE and Sport Premium Report details how we use this funding.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.